Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Fourth Quarter Finishing Goals

My finishing average for the third quarter was about 38% but I'm not going to back down from setting big goals.  I think the goals are encouraging me to finish more than I would otherwise.  What I should do is pick projects that have other deadlines!?!
 
Good idea!!  So I'm going forward with three of the projects from the third quarter and four new ones from my 2015 list for the APQ Challenge that began in January. 
 
The roll overs from the third quarter include:
The epic applique -- currently (hand) quilting the sashing and borders -- I can finish this!! 
My son's Ohio Bicentennial quilt -- it's layered and I know how I'm going to quilt it!! 
Nat's Sunflower -- I think this might be a Christmas gift for someone and I'd like to teach a workshop using this design with the Set-in Piecing Simplified techniques this fall.
This is one of three small quilts I'm making from a set of 23 pieced blocks -- not sure I will get all three finished before the end of the year, but I'll get one done for sure as a donation to my group's annual Christmas quilt campaign.
My oldest daughter made a full size version of my pattern, Mississippi Mud which was stolen from her home about 10 years ago.  She started a second one to replace it but has lost heart along the way several times -- not hard to understand.  I'm going to try to finish it for her this winter!
This was the APQ Challenge pull for August and I made tremendous progress on it this past weekend during a retreat!!  (More about it on Friday.)  I'm so startled by the success of it that I think it's going to be a fast finish!!
And finally, the APQ Challenge pull for October -- not a big quilt -- awfully cute!!  Think if I use the drunkard's path units as "sew-offs" while I finish the kaleidoscope, the curves will feel less overwhelming. 
Feeling very confident!!
Are setting some finishing goals for the remainder of 2015?
Fall weather is pushing me inside!!
 
Mary Huey
 
 
 
 



 
 


1 comment:

  1. All beautiful projects, Mary. As fall has not come yet (it was 102 on our patio yesterday) and my son is in his last efforts for moving, not much sewing getting done. But I'm hopeful!

    ReplyDelete